Monday, April 02, 2007

Recent Bachelor's Projections

It's been a while since my last post... back at that time, i was working my ass off to develop my graduation paper, understand the J2ME API's and provide a simple but interesting mobile gaming framework. Thanks to the good lord everything went great, and now i'm enjoying a period free of academic duties.

Well, i really loved being in college : A great experience... it opened my mind for thousands of things and made me think better. Now that the fixed compromise of being 7:00am at a college class no longer exists, i can allocate my time on personal projects and learning interesting technologies/stuff.

First of all, i need to check if Game Programming/Development is really a area that i want to master. I liked alot the small contact i've had, but i intend to move on bigger and more elaborated stuff. The main problem about GameDev is the fact that it's too hard to do it alone. For example, without some graphical arts done it's creepy hard to code/test the entities behavior and to shape the gaming world. So, in order to master Game Programming, you need to be in complete synergy with artists and a team. This dependency level is complicated as building a band's lineup. To be more concise, it @#!% things up....
I'm inside a game remake project that is stuck at the basic design stage. I have a simple architecture in mind, but the afraid of facing C++ code without the Scott Meyers book is buggin me off...lol . Just need to stop being a chicken and set a Ogre3D development environment in my PC, period. Using jMonkeyEngine can be a great pick too!

In parallel with that i'll be attending some Computer Science Math classes (my math skills are too sloppy) and a basic Blender modelling course between April and June. I'm having a hard time to learn these stuff on my own...

I intend to boost my Algorithm Analisys background as well with the great OpenCourseWare program supported by MIT. Obs : i'm growing insanely curious about four languages(in ascending order) : Smalltalk, Lisp, Ruby and Python . It's so cool to check around and see this myriad of programming paradigms! I'm pretending to reflect on these very soon :)


Maybe i'm not that far from a "college environment" anyway... lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home